Sunday, March 15, 2009

Friday the 13th REVIEW!

I like the Idea of teens and gore, It's rather amusing. And don't get me wrong, I love horror, It's awesome, And despite the fact that I saw this movie 9 days ago, and I spent pretty much the whole movie texting my cousin, I'm going to review this movie! Okay, so the movie starts out with a girl, running through the woods or something, clearly trying to escape, and there's this crazy old lady following her going "You're the last one" or something like that.

And that's when the texting began.

I will admit that I walked into the theater a little bit scared, but once the movie started, I realized that this isn't going to be any different than any other modern day remake, because of two words: Blue wash.

Yes that's right folks! A pathetic blue-green tint to the whole movie! The whole entire thing! (Except for the bonckickawowwow scenes of course, those were orange tinted.)

But anyway, After that godawful scene was over, they get to the first, section type thing of the movie. And, I kid you not, EVERY SINGLE TIME Jason showed up on screen, there was this annoying
jolting sound effect. EVERY SINGLE TIME. The beginning has like 4 kids or something, and they all drop like flies, right there, just like that, and that was pretty damn annoying. But on a serious note, the real problem I have with this movie is the ending. The VERY Predictable ending. I think it's pretty much scientifically impossible to come back to life after you have been:


choked with a chain
held by the ceiling
stabbed in the chest
had your head ground up in a wood chipper
and drowned.

Right when the movie ended, I said to myself, "Oh yeah, that's real original." (Sarcasm, dumbass.) But really, I give this movie 1 and a half stars, My god, just, don't see this movie if you are looking for an original horror movie that will make you think, speculate, and question things, if you're going to see it, just see it for laughs, and not for thinking.

(Oh and did I forget to mention the token characters?)

What the hell?!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'll do this later when I have something meaningful to say.